Posted to alt.home.repair
Questor Questor is offline

Default Magic Jack........again

"RobertPatrick" wrote in message
Metspitzer wrote in
:

A friend of mine said his dad just got Magic Jack.
Guess what? He is having the same problem with echo and unreliable
calls as everyone else has.

It would be nice if the thing worked. I could give up my house phone
if Magic Jack had a reliable answering service.

For the cheap price, missing an outgoing call is not bad, but I can't
have missing incoming calls.

Same problem here. Plus they don't have a local area code available. Been
that way for over 1 year. The only thing I can use it for is accessing
my voicemail when I'm at work. (voicemail at a real phone).

Was using MJ for about a year then switched to Nettalk TK6000, it connects
to the ethernet port on the router and comes with a power pack ao you don't
have to have the PC on all the time but it can also be used with the usb
port when traveling if you dont have access to ethernet. It has the same
problems with area codes and it's awkward to get setup the web user
interface is a little messy but the quality seems better.

http://forum.nettalk.com/index.php