Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Woodworking Message Board

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:56:44 -0600, the infamous Larry Blanchard
scrawled the following:

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 22:00:32 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

I've yet to see a web based forum or message board that is as easy as
USENET to use. I can go through a bunch of newsgroups rather quickly as
opposed to going to a different web page for each topic.

Precisely. Why don't message boards mimic the known efficiency of
Usenet on a local server, fer chrissake? They're all so bloody slow and
redundant. I haven't seen one yet where you could simply jump from one
message to the next without going back to the forum and looking at the
next subject, etc. Ghastly slow.

I wonder if some of the old Fido code is still around? That might do it.

RIME Rules, y'old farte!

---
"Some of us are wondering if we have created a monster."
Kevin Vranes, climate scientist, University of Colorado
talking about global warming hysteria, January, 2007.