Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Archery Experiment

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:33:36 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
One of the best emails Ive had in a very long time...G

Around age 10 my dad got me one of those little badass compound bow
beginner kits.

Funny story snipped.

I had a similar experience with a 55 gallon barrel, two tbsp. of gas, and
pure O2.

When the cops got there, they asked us if we heard a blast.

"Huh?" was our response.

By then, we had picked up the pieces of the barrel we could find. My
hearing is still wacky.

I have set industrial explosives, but I have never heard one like that.
Maybe it was the range .........................

Steve

We had two galvanized 30-gallon garbage cans. The pickup guy had
stacked the empties and they were stuck together. Ma told me to go
outside and separate them.

I tried tugging, banging, prying, etc to no avail. I set them back
upright in the driveway and drizzled an ounce or so of gasoline into
the space between them, gave that a minute to creep down to the bottom
and vaporize, and then tossed a match at the assembly.

The cans separated with a FWUMP! The inner can went high enough to
land on the roof, but it rolled off. The bottom of the outer can was
convex while the bottom of the inner one was concave but a bit of
hammering with a rubber mallet fixed those minor aberrations.