Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] limeylew@gmail.com is offline

Default Need a little plumbing advice please.

I just installed a new 'shutoff' valve on my house water supply line.

I'm using 3/4" PVC pipe, so I got a threaded, PVC adapter with a male
thread that screws into the shutoff valve and the PVC pipe glues into
the female side of the adapter.

OK, so I get 50' of pipe all glued together and connected to the water
meter and slowly open the valve on the water meter. Well, I have a
slight leak which appears to be from where the threaded adapter screws
into my new shutoff valve.

Should I have used teflon tape on the thread? Or should I have used
the PVC glue?

TIA

Lewis.

*****