Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Cleaning an Antique

On 1/26/2010 6:18 PM, Sonny wrote:
Thanks very much, Robert. I've printed your reply.

I have an old chair to upholster and the customer seems to insist I
clean the woodwork using that formula/technique, which she got from
her aunt, an antique "dealer". I noted your comment regarding
"dealers". On hearing her request, I was not comfortable, at all,
using that formula/technique.

Thanks again.
Sonny

I won't claim to have Robert's finishing expertise, but I ain't no novice
either, and as usual, I found myself nodding my head "yes" to everything Robert
said. So FWIW, if you need a "second opinion" you've got one in me.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.