Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Frost your nuts?

"Upscale" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:57:38 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
shot to hell. All in all - not bad for a 15 year old truck in the rust
belt. My total investment - (minus of course my time...) - under $2K.

But, that begs the question. What would you peg your time to be worth
if you had to put a dollar figure on it? For many people, their time
is what is worth the most to them.

Perfectly good/valid question. When I undertook this, I considered the cost
of replacing my truck vs. the cost of rebuilding it. At the time I could
replace it for around $12K. We already had two car payments and the truck
was paid for. I did not want to incur another payment. So - that decision
all by itself, made my labor rate $0. I approached the project as one in
which anything I could do to save money was a money savings versus a cost.

I do think we sometimes forget that aspect of things. We tend to focus on
what our time is worth, but we then forget to realize what our time has
saved us.

--

-Mike-