Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Hey Bruce, ring wiring

jk wrote:

That has NOTHING to do with loop circuits. From the point of view of
loosing the neutral, the two wires of the loop, look JUST the same as
the one of the radial system. There is no difference.

What the loop does do is provide a more even impedance to a given
point in the circuit. The impedance reaches a peak at 1/2 way round
the circuit, and then starts dropping again.

My question had nothing to do with trying to eek out additional ampacity from a system as
the British do.

I scanned though my copy of the NEC and have not found the phrase that makes ring wiring,
staying in the normal rules for box fill, ampacity of conductors, ect illegal.

Is threre something like a branch circuit must be fed from one end only or something like
that? I'm just trying to imagine the language.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller