Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default Pinholes appearing in rads...

On Jan 26, 8:46 pm, "spamlet" wrote:
"JimK" wrote in message

On Jan 26, 7:27 pm, "spamlet" wrote:

sludge in bottom of rads?

Q:- would a leak sealer be able to penetrate throught the sludge to
get to the pinhole(s)?

Sounds to have happened a bit quick for a well maintained system...

Cheers
JimK

Hi Jim,

The holes have (so far ) been near the top of the rads, and I have flushed
them - when changing most of the copper pipes for plastic a couple of years
ago - so sludge is not a problem with the current holes at least. Possibly
someone let them get low at some time and left a rusty tidemark? (The rads
were here before we were.)

So, do these leak sealers work, and do they mix with the usual inhibitors?

Cheers,

intriguing - pinholes at the top of rads??! - only ones I've ever
dealt with (tho not many) were at bottom near either valve...

pass

JimK