Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Love (not) Google

On Jan 26, 11:09*am, "WW" wrote:
"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message

Yes, the edge sander always reminds me it can be aggressive when I
haven't used it in a while and yes, in both cases I was working on
some tiny parts and didn't have much of a good strategy for keeping
safe. Another reminder to be ever vigilant in regards to safety. Both
were predictable.

P.S. hard to type today with index on right hand having a sanded tip
from edge sander and index on left having brad point bit drilled into
finger print... oops.

It's been a while since I hurt myself (and saying that just started a
curse...). I can remember usung my belt sander on a small, thin piece
of wood using a coarse belt. The belt grabbed the piece of wood and
spit it across the shop. Before I could pull back, I had pressed my
hand into the belt: it grabbed three of my fingers and spun the skin
around the bone, sanding them on two sides. Hard to explain how you
managed to sand *between* your fingers!

My right index finger is 1/8 th inch shorter due to having it sucked into a
disk sander in high school woodshop. Too much clearance between disk and
table. Lesson learned. WW

OUCH!