Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Frost your nuts?

DGDevin wrote:

Not only that, but continuing to burn a finite resource and
continuing to pour countless billions into the coffers of nations
which often don't like us very much seem like foolish policies in
their own right. I'm not a climate scientist so I don't *know* if
man-made climate change is happening (ditto with everyone else here
including especially the ones who think they do know) but it seems to
me there are a bunch of good reasons to move aggressively on
replacing fossil fuels with clean, renewable sources of energy. However
some folks just want to drive their Escalade down to the
corner for a quart of milk and what happens in a decade or two ain't
their damn problem--selfish and stupid, a lovely combination.

What "finite" resources? I guess you mean oil even though the provable
reserves of petroleum increase every year.

What nations "don't like us..."? The ones we send billions to each year?
Well, they like our money.

"Clean, renewable source of energy" - like what? Whale oil? There is NOTHING
that is both sparkling clean and renewable that can make more than a trace
difference in our energy needs.