Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Frost your nuts?

On Jan 26, 11:10*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:

Yep, yet another of his convenient lies. *If there was already a
system in place to trade carbon credits then we wouldn't need new
laws to implement carbon credits. *Sounds to me like scammer lobbying
to legitimize his scam.

Near as I know, there is no requirement
(yet) to buy these carbon credits, no issuing agency and, near as I
know, no regulation as to what they are or where the money goes. It
would appear that, under the circumstances, anybody with a printer
and a little design skill could print up a few million of these
things and get rich selling them to those that feel that throwing
their money away somehow offsets their sins against the environment
with the only real result being adding to the wealth of the issuing
company. Kind of like a televangelist. "Send me your money and God
will love you for it". The only "love" in the business is the
televangelist "loving" the fact that people are so gullible as to
send him their money.

I oughta try that--I wonder if anyone has tried selling carbon
credits on ebay?

Dunno. But for $18 you can plant a tree is Israel, via the Jewish National
Fund. I'm sure that counts.

Look for Ron White's bit:

=Ron White: I was sitting on a bean bag chair, naked, eating Cheetos
the other day when Robert Tilton came on TV. He's a televangelist out
of Dallas. He looked at me and said,
"Are you lonely?"
=Yeah.
"Have you spent half your life in bars pursuing sins of the flesh?"
=This guy's good!
"Are you sitting in a bean bag chair naked eating Cheetos?"...
=Yes, sir!
"Do you have the urge to get up and send me a thousand dollars?"
=Ha, ha close! I thought he was talking about me there for a second!