Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cleaning up the shop

On Jan 26, 1:24*am, Hawke wrote:
*Some of the less
perceptive insurance companies were publishing studies showing
that to be on the safe side, the typical couple should have about
1,000,000$ in savings when they retired. *Just how is it possible
that the typical couple could accumulate 20 years of pre tax
income over even a 50 year working life? [20-70] especially with
*NEGATIVE* savings interest?

In that situation you have to do what they guy in the TV show Breaking
Bad does. You go into the meth business in your spare time. Other than
that there is no way to save yourself into financial security on 50K a year.

Hawke

Actually you can save enough to have financial security on 50K$ a
year. It just requires that you start saving and investing early in
life. I don't think you can do it putting your money in a savings
account. But you can do it by having some money put in a savings
account every week. And then when you have a chunk of money, looking
for a good place to invest it. Right now I would be looking at buying
rental property and investing some sweat equity in managing the rental
property. Might be a bad idea in some parts of the country. But there
are lots of places to invest.

Dan