Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Torbeck valve - how does it work?

Andy Dingley
wibbled on Tuesday 26 January 2010 15:28

On 26 Jan, 14:37, Tim Watts wrote:

Very polarised opinions on Torbecks... Seems to be a love them or hate
them?

Most people love how they work, some report problems with limescale on
the tiny valve hole.

If you're in a soft water area, no problem.

And don;t have crud in the pipe ;-

On that subject, I'd been wondering why the bath tap was running too hot
(4l/min flow restrictor is fitted in a special ball valve to match the
characteristics of my temporary water heater).

Took the insert out and found a neat spiral of alkathene (I'm guesssing - it
was plastic and black) swarf 1.5cm long lodged in the restrictor blocking
one of the 4 tiny holes.

I had thoroughly flushed the main pipe after I did the work re-routing the
water mains, but I guess a bit of pipe trimming must have lodged somewhere
only to fall off later...
--
Tim Watts