Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Torbeck valve - how does it work?

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:49:08 +0000, "Graham." wibbled:

wrote in message
On 24 Jan,
Tim Watts wrote:

Thank you all. I'll be plumbing my new bog soon. It came with a
Torbeck valve. It looks very fliddy. After reading this, I'm off to
look for a better valve/float assembly.

I've torbecks in the two bogs and the loft tank. Much quieter than the
non-equilibrium kind, and I've had no bother with them in well over ten
years.

I'm with you about liking my Torbeck, the water either runs full rate or
not at all, rather than a ball balve progressively reducing the rate to
a dribble before the level is high enough to prime the siphon.

The same toilet has got a "Pacific" siphon with a wrinkled rubber seal
and I can't get a replacement.That can be a nuisance, good job I'm not
on a meter.

Very polarised opinions on Torbecks... Seems to be a love them or hate
them?

--
Tim Watts