Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Work in progress - Ironwood bowl

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 12:25:36 -0900, Kevin Miller wrote:

mac davis wrote:

Take some paste wax and smear it on the inside of the critter. Then do
your sanding. I'll soften the wood fibers and make it a *lot* easier.
The wax will be gone by the time you finish with the 80 grit but you'll
have a surface that is ready for the succession of finer grits...

Thanks, Kevin, but that doesn't work on ironwood.. I refuses to have fibers..
lol

OTOH, after sanding to 400, Ultra Shine works well, at high speed..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing