Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Miter box and saw

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:44:21 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
m...
I have need from time to time to cut some simple miters at my vacation
home. I don't want to lug my heavy Bosch CMS up there after first removing
it from the miter table I made. Does anyone own a miter box and saw that
they like and would recommend? I have done some online looking at reviews
and the results are very spotty.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

May I suggest a cheapo HF miter saw to leave up there?

Less than $30
or
Less than $80

I've been eyeing their 12" scms for $160. Experience with these
beasties, anyone? Reviews?

---
"Some of us are wondering if we have created a monster."
Kevin Vranes, climate scientist, University of Colorado
talking about global warming hysteria, January, 2007.