Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Miter box and saw

On 1/25/2010 7:44 PM, Leon wrote:
"Dick wrote in message
I have need from time to time to cut some simple miters at my vacation
home. I don't want to lug my heavy Bosch CMS up there after first removing
it from the miter table I made. Does anyone own a miter box and saw that
they like and would recommend? I have done some online looking at reviews
and the results are very spotty.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

May I suggest a cheapo HF miter saw to leave up there?

Less than $30
or
Less than $80

I have a Stanley miter box and saw that I purchased years ago, but still
use it for cutting small pieces of wood. I do a lot of picture frames.
It does not to a good job of cutting trim cuts where you want to take of
less than about three blade widths to make some thing fit.

It is similar to this Sears model.

Item# 00936331000 | Model# 36331
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0070921x00003a