Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Love (not) Google

Yes, the edge sander always reminds me it can be aggressive when I
haven't used it in a while and yes, in both cases I was working on
some tiny parts and didn't have much of a good strategy for keeping
safe. Another reminder to be ever vigilant in regards to safety. Both
were predictable.

On Jan 25, 2:31*pm, lektric dan wrote:
On Jan 25, 1:36*pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:

I have always used the free access to groups via Google groups. I
don't know any other so if it is bad I don't realize it. It is a pain
sometimes though.

1. It only remembers me for a week or two, then I have to re-log and
redo all my settings.
2. Lately all links started jumping to some page that said
"Redirecting blah blah" then the page would show up after a few
seconds. Now all links go to an error page and every link is shown
withwww.google.comappendedto the beginig of the link. I guess all
valid links should start with Google. Do no harm. Uh-hu.

What is your browser? *Have you upgraded or made any changes
recently? *Is it set to purge cookies or history after a set period of
time? *Behavior(s) #1 sound like problems I've run into with Firefox.
I cured it by whitelisting the cookies for google and some other
sites. *I just recently had a bunch of stuff break when I upgraded
from 3.5.whatever to 3.6. *I had to either re-install or download
upgrades for the add-ons; a real pita. *Problem #2 sounds familiar
too. *I think it may be a setting in your browser, but without knowing
what it is, cannot confuse matters more...

P.S. hard to type today with index on right hand having a sanded tip
from edge sander and index on left having brad point bit drilled into
finger print... oops.

It's been a while since I hurt myself (and saying that just started a
curse...). *I can remember usung my belt sander on a small, thin piece
of wood using a coarse belt. *The belt grabbed the piece of wood and
spit it across the shop. *Before I could pull back, I had pressed my
hand into the belt: it grabbed three of my fingers and spun the skin
around the bone, sanding them on two sides. *Hard to explain how you
managed to sand *between* your fingers!