Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus29432 Ignoramus29432 is offline

Default Cleaning up the shop

On 2010-01-26, Hawke wrote:
Wes wrote:
F. George McDuffee wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 00:47:34 -0600, Ignoramus27518
wrote:
snip
I thought that he could continue his insurance for 18 months based on
the COBRA law? For cancer, though, 18 months usually does not amount
to much.
snip
===========
It is one thing to have the opportunity to continue medical
coverage mandated by law. It is quite another to pay for it if
you are out of work.

Sadly, most people have forgot that you save for eventualities and not depend on someone
else to get you through.

Wes

Yep, and as long as you are able to save 500,000 dollars or more that
you can afford to spend on medical bills you are just fine.

We were talking about continuing COBRA mandated medical coverage, not
about paying for medical expenses out of pocket.

If you're like most folks your life savings is a few thousand
dollars and buys virtually nothing as far as medical bills go. The
question is how do you suggest people can save half a million
dollars when they make 50K a year or less?

The point is if people could save enough to pay for major health
care bills we wouldn't be in this mess. Obviously only a lucky few
can. So what about everybody else? Got any suggestions?

You completely misunderstood what we were talking about, which is
continuing employer provided medical coverage.