Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Wixon William Wixon is offline

Default My Recent Trip and Metalworking...

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
As some of you might know, I just took a trip to Ghana, Africa.

Spent some time looking for metalworking machinery and services and
basically found that unless you are in the city, the metalworking they do
is limited to cutting brake rotors, banging out vehicle fenders, etc.

Quite a trip. Here are some photos... None of which are metalworking
related except for maybe the corrugated roofs.

http://tinyurl.com/Ghana2010

Joe in Northern, NJ

pretty cool joe. impressive trip. i'd be afraid to go to africa. looking
at the photos i had tears in my eyes and felt an urge to hold my hand over
my heart and simultaneously give a salute gesture. congrats to you and good
luck.
(the one photo reminded me, (woman burning firewood) of the solar cookers.
i'm sure you must've seen the information on the internet about solar
cookers. there's various kinds, aluminum foil lined box up to a huge
handmade parabolic mirror. pretty impressive metalwork, i mean, with their
primitive tools.
for example, http://solarcooking.org/newsletters/scrnov02.htm there's tons
of info out there about them.
wondering if you'd say "people are the same everywhere".

b.w.