Posted to alt.home.repair
edee em edee em is offline

Default Venting for electric range

Oh, not worrying, just wondering. I thought it might be one of those
"performance of the oven" things. Thanks to all and your replies.

"ransley" wrote in message
On Jan 24, 4:20 pm, "Edee em" wrote:
I have a Jenn-Air electric range with a grill option. Because of this, it
has the downdraft vent in the middle on the cooktop. I want to move this
stove to my basement and just use it's oven, when needed. My question is,
knowing that it is a downdraft model, I believe it can only be vented
horizontally or down. In the basement, that would be impossible. Sooooooo,
can I run the oven of an electric stove without venting the stove? My
concern is that the oven still vents while baking so a vent would be
required, but I don't know...

Thanks

--
edee em
I know the truth is out there, but I like to stay in...

Venting is optional, to remove smoke from high heat cooking or to not
heat up a home in summer. No stove must be vented , plus its extra
free heat in winter. It can be vented up with ductwork in the wall.
Gee its not even gas, why are you worried.