Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default How to stop entry door leaks?

if your already better at it than somebody that does it DAILY

Relax... I never said I was an expert, just that I had more experience than
the average weekend handyman. I wouldn't be here asking questions if I had
all the answers. Obviously I'm overlooking something or the door wouldn't
be leaking. I make mistakes, I learn, I move on...

I fixed by adjusting the strike

I adjusted the strike plate yesterday to get the door to seal a little
tighter to the weather stripping yesterday. We only work at my in-laws on
weekends since they live out of town, but I'm having them keep an eye out
for leaks. Naturally, it's not supposed to rain much this week.

There are a couple of small spots I want to recaulk, but I can't really do
that while it's raining heavily.

Sorry to offend, but thanks for the input!

Anthony