Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Friesen Chris Friesen is offline

Default Frost your nuts?

On 01/25/2010 10:53 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

Do the math. Buying a new car is *never* financially sound. Buy used, and let
someone else eat the depreciation.

I'm not arguing that it *can* make sense to buy used, but it depends on
what's available in your area. I'm just saying that at the time I was
looking to buy a car, the type of car I wanted to buy was selling used
for significant fractions of the new price.

Even now, a new Matrix XR is about $20500 with 0% financing and some
incentives added on top. Checking the local auto trader listings, a
2008 with 45000km is currently $18000. A 2006 with 79000km is $15000, a
2004 with 157000km is $11000.

Chris