Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus29432 Ignoramus29432 is offline

Default Cleaning up the shop

On 2010-01-25, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 08:18:52 -0600, Ignoramus29432

On 2010-01-25, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 19:09:32 -0500, Wes wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

So, a hypothetical guy who loses a job and does not even have money to
pay very reasonable COBRA rates, does not get too much of my sympathy,
personally.

Nor I. I paid for my health insurace for the 8 months I was between jobs.

How did you do this?

I saved money in good times against bad times. I have modest needs and wants.

Wes

And you didnt have an uninsured wife with serious medical issues?

In your case, you are divorced, right?

No, Im not. And I have my (ex-)wife living with me in the same house.

Then she is your wife, not ex-wife. You are living with your wife.

She is unable to work and has no income sources. We have been
Seperated for a number of years, but she has no ability to work due
to her medical issues. And of course..the closest medical aid is
the county hospital, which is a 92 mile round trip at least..at
least once a week. So I had to move her in to take care of her. I
have to take care of ALL of her financial issues...plus mine. And
the animals we rescue.

Then you would not be one of the people who could have a COBRA option.

And if he had a wife, and had medical coverage, she would be insured
as well?

If one could afford the $1200-1800 per month that 55yr olds would have
to pay. Ive been self employed since 1996. 12 yrs.

It would seem then the "public option" health insurance would have
provided you with affordable coverage (affordable means that if you
get serious about making money you could afford it).

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.