Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bulb blew and "wrecked" the fuse holders!

In article ,
Allthumbs writes:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 13:53:17 +0000, Allthumbs
wrote:

do they replace (inc base) without needing to disconnect all the
output/input cables?

just been down the DIY shed and I see they plug in simply, great! Will
get a set of the tripper type replacements from somewhere that
actually has some stock (not my local B&Q)

The MCB's which plug in to Wylex style CU's also have rather low
breaking capacity - IIRC, something like 3kA for the toggle ones,
and 1kA for the push button ones. Given you've already had a BS3036
rewirable fuse destroyed due to having too low breaking capacity
for your supply, I would stick with BS1361 cartridge fuses.

If you want MCBs (tripper type), you should replace the whole CU
with a modern one.

--
Andrew Gabriel