Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harbor Freight Coupons

"aemeijers" wrote in message

We talking about the same compressor? 3 gallon pancake, 100
psi, no CFM
numbers visible?

CY: I'm th inking mine was 1.6 scfm?

I got it mainly for inflating tires and such, since the
buzz-box compressors at the stations around here charge 75
cents, and
have trouble making 30 pounds.

CY: Pay for itself in a hurry, at 75 cents an inflate.

I may get a finish nailer for it, if I
ever get around to those interior fixup projects, but I
don't think it
would handle a framing nailer or an air wrench.

CY: I've got a 5 gal expansion tank, and plans to plumb that
in. It's still 1.6 scfm, but at least I'll have four seconds
of impact gun instead of two seconds. Before the compressor
comes back on.

I went with HF versus
Sears, because the hose and toy nail gun on the Sears one
looked like
junk, and I had the coupon. HF had a good price on real
Goodyear air
hoses, plus I used a 20% coupon on that. Total cost was
between $55 and
$60. So even if I have to upgrade the compressor to a larger
one, I
already have a decent air hose, and I can put the junk kit
from the new
one with this one, and sell it on CraigsList.

CY: Good plan for the future.

The one I got is same as the Sears 'evolv' or some silly
name like that.
The HF one is done up in Sears Craftsman colors, black and
red, while
the current Sears one is NOT labeled Craftsman, and has
different
colors. I suspect HF got a deal, because the factory in
China had a
butt-load of assembled Sears-red ones, just without the
stickers on them.

CY: I sense that some mega state run factory in China is
supplying all the various stores in the US.

--
aem sends...
CY replies.....