Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default Religious information

On 25 ene, 11:13, "BillW50" wrote:

And science is any better? Science never proves anything. It only
provides theories and nothing more.

yes, science is 'better' in its approach to knowledge. It is rational
and empirical, not superstitious and subjective. By testing and
disproving theories, progress towards improved understanding of our
world is possible. Nothing similar happens in religion, where blind,
unchanging belief is the order of the day.

As for scienece providing theories and nothing more, I disagree
totally, based on the evidence of the last century - what methodology
went furthest towards curing and even eradicating many diseases? Don't
you agree that our understanding of bacteria and cell biology,
knowledge gathered by scientific research, has benefited humankind? or
do you think we should throw it all away and go back to trepanning,
bloodletting and exorcising evil spirits and balancing the 4 humours?
-B