Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Thin Molding Safely

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
The Latest in the GarageWoodworks Video Podcast Series:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php

--
Brian
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/index.php

Cool video and I that is how I have made thin moldings for years.

However.... ;~)

If you send both sides of the wood through the router you can make 1/2 the
trips back and forth between the RT and the TS. There is typically no
reason to not cut from both sides of the stock. With smaller moldings you
can work all 4 corners at the RT before ripping at the TS.

Second, I do not recommend using a feather board for indexing the width of
the cut. Because feather boards are designed to "give" you could have
inconsistent cuts with more delicate moldings. You would be better served
with a fixed and non flexible indexing fixture.

Your video and execution was great. I cannot suggest anything to do
differently concerning your sound or lighting.

However.....:~)

When watching you at the TS with your garage door in the back ground, Scott
"whatshisname" from American Woodshop came to mind. Clutter in the back
ground. Yes I know you are just getting into this and I think you did a
superb job but I think you could possibly take this much farther.
Presentation was great. Make the whole picture appealing to all and you
will appear to be more credible IMHO.

Scott for example spent several episodes a few years back building his new
American Woodshop. Today the place looks like a pigsty. Total
disorganization!