Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Work in progress - Ironwood bowl

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 21:49:38 -0800, Jim Hall
wrote:

Wow.. Looks like money to me, Mac.. Natural edges on outside really
add to the look and you certainly are kicking it up a notch with those
hollowed out enveloping tops.. Not sure what you call them.. Looks
difficult to make.. Especially with ironwood.. Beautiful.. -Jim

On 1/24/2010 4:34 PM, mac davis wrote:

Thanks, Jim.. It's been a challenge, for sure...
I'm finding out that as much as I'm liking the IDEA of semi-hollow forms, I'm
hating the interior sanding..
I've got about 3 hours of hand and power sanding in on this one so far and still
2 grits left..
After sanding, I'll reverse it with a vac chuck and take the tenon off...
I'm thinking that I'll probably round the bottom a little more when it's
reversed, to give it more of the "apple" shape..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing