Posted to alt.home.repair
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Another Tool for the Trash Can

No, but I will. It appears that the unit was made by Dremel and private labeled
for Sears. Maybe I can get the part from Dremel.

On 1/24/2010 10:53 PM, Lee wrote:
Have you tried going to the local Sears Repair Center? I had an old
Sears saber saw and a drill that weren't listed on the Sears site, but
they were found by one of the staff at the local parts store. They
told me the website does not have all the data for some of the older
models, but they do maintain that on the internal Sears system.
'Hope that works for you.
Lee

On Jan 24, 4:01 pm, mcp6453 wrote:
As I have mentioned here before, my father passed away in 1998. When we sorted
his things, I got a lot of tools and parts of various sorts. He was somewhat of
a hoarder although in his later years he had a regrettable tendency to purchase
Taiwanese bargain bin tools instead of the good stuff.

Last night when I was going through some boxes, I found a Craftsman 572.610010
rotary tool. It looks like new. He probably never used it. When I turned it on,
it ran for a few seconds, and then the chuck stopped turning. The motor
continues to run just fine. The chuck is free-wheeling.

When I opened it, I found that there is a plastic or nylon sleeve that couples
the motor shaft to the chuck. It was completely disintegrated from age. The
problem now is that I cannot find a parts list or even a comparable parts lists
that shows the part. If I can't find the part number, there is no chance of
finding the part. It's probably not available anyway, but it's worth looking.

It looks like the trash can for this one.

I know that tools don't last forever, and I know that manufacturers cannot be
expected to supply parts forever, but what aggravates me is that the Sears parts
site does not even list the model.