Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Frost your nuts?

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 18:15:50 -0500, the infamous Upscale
scrawled the following:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 17:10:19 -0600, "Leon"
wrote:
I think that just because there is money to be made at undoing global
warming pretty much tells the tale.

Think that's a little pessismistic. Even if global warming and
polluting the atmosphere with all sorts of stuff is not as rampant as
some would like to believe, there's still people who are having
breathing difficulties because of it. That *has* to have some kind of
negative affect on our planet.

Of course pollution is bad. But it's getting better. I lived 100 miles
south of HelL.A. I know that city is miles ahead of its old self,
pollutionwise.

Read _Earth Report 2000_ and _Hard Green_. Both have extensive
coverage of the progress we've made in all areas. As old technology
wears out, it's replaced with newer, much cleaner technology. Who here
has NOT replaced most of their inefficient incandescent lighting with
efficient fluorescent lights and/or LEDs? Who here is driving a less
economical vehicle than they did 30 years ago? Few to none in both
cases, I'll bet. Well, except WeeGee, with that old gas-guzzlin'
camper-hauler truck of his, driving all over the world, causing
pollution throughout the whole of the Americas. bseg

--
We either make ourselves happy or miserable.
The amount of work is the same.