Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TSP

On 1/24/2010 4:55 PM spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Some of the stories about what's banned in Ka-lee-fohn-ia are wildly
exaggerated.

TSP (trisodium phosphate) wasn't banned - phosphate detergents were
banned for non-commercial use as I understand it.

Yes. Good thing, too. I remember in the bad old phosphate detergent days
watching huge masses of foam drifting in the Chicago "Sanitary" canal
near my home. Waterways were being killed all over the place before they
banned the stuff.

Last time I shopped for "TSP" (in Florida) the only kind I could find
was "non-phosphate". So, stuff called "TSP" apparently doesn't
neccessarilly mean the same thing in all places.

What you saw was probably labeled "TSP substitute" or some such.

- a Usenet "apology"