Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Harbor Freight Coupons

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I got that compressor at 50 (sounding like a stock broker).
Only used it a couple times. Oilless. Noisy. Works
reasonably well. I did some air wrench work with it, when it
was a bit warmer, out. Also used it to blow out some AC
drain lines. I'm pleased with it.

We talking about the same compressor? 3 gallon pancake, 100 psi, no CFM
numbers visible? I got it mainly for inflating tires and such, since the
buzz-box compressors at the stations around here charge 75 cents, and
have trouble making 30 pounds. I may get a finish nailer for it, if I
ever get around to those interior fixup projects, but I don't think it
would handle a framing nailer or an air wrench. I went with HF versus
Sears, because the hose and toy nail gun on the Sears one looked like
junk, and I had the coupon. HF had a good price on real Goodyear air
hoses, plus I used a 20% coupon on that. Total cost was between $55 and
$60. So even if I have to upgrade the compressor to a larger one, I
already have a decent air hose, and I can put the junk kit from the new
one with this one, and sell it on CraigsList.

The one I got is same as the Sears 'evolv' or some silly name like that.
The HF one is done up in Sears Craftsman colors, black and red, while
the current Sears one is NOT labeled Craftsman, and has different
colors. I suspect HF got a deal, because the factory in China had a
butt-load of assembled Sears-red ones, just without the stickers on them.

--
aem sends...