Posted to alt.home.repair
blueman blueman is offline

Default Best ideas for affordable draft/air leak detector

"benick" writes:
"blueman" wrote in message
"benick" writes:

Pick up a couple of cheap cigars or incense sticks....If your windows
and doors are more than 20 years old they should probably be replaced
anyway..

Our Windows are 150 years old... so definitely not something I plan on
replacing -- they don't make windows or wood like they used to.
The storms on the other hand are another story and need replacing when
we have the cash for that. And the windows themselves could use some
work on them to tune them up -- though more expensive probably than
replacing them...

They are the biggest offenders and quickest payback...Then you
can nit pick other stuff...You don't need to give somebody 500 bucks
to do an audit...It's just a scam...Most stuff is common sense like
adding attic insulation , caulking and spray foaming cracks ,
ect....Besides we are here to help...LOL...Good luck...