Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default How to stop entry door leaks?

"HerHusband" wrote in message
We have wind driven rain A LOT here on the coast of Maine and even the
cheap doors I bought a Homedepot do not leak even though I don't have
them flashed or the siding on yet...I think you need to talk to a pro
and have him look it over...No offense , but you obviously messed up
something on the install as everyone you did leaks......If it were
just one in a specific location it would be one thing but that is not
the case...

No offense taken, but we built our own house, garage, several remodeling
projects at my in-laws, installed numerous windows, doors, etc.
Installing
an entry door isn't exactly rocket science, and I've researched and
followed every recommended guideline I can find. I can't imagine a "pro"
would have done anything different than I did, and probably wouldn't have
taken the time to be as thorough.

It is something of a mystery, so I'm going to try tightening the latch up
this afternoon to see if that will help.

By the way, the water seeps in under the door sill on the subfloor. If
you
already have a finished floor installed, you would probably never see it
leaking...

Anthony

The 2 in the garage and the one in the basement I would and the one in the
kitchen was without trim or finished floor for quite a while as I was doing
it on just weekends when not working..Actually it was the kitchen door that
I had the leak in that I fixed by adjusting the strike as was recommended by
a carpenter I do alot of drywall work for..You know , one of those pro's
that do **** work and just rip folks off.......Like I said you have
something going on that we can't diagnosis without seeing it which is why I
said have a pro look at it....But if your already better at it than somebody
that does it DAILY and has to pay for damages caused by leaks than I guess
we are done here......Good Luck......