Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaning up the shop

Mark Rand wrote:

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:27:13 -0600, Ignoramus12856
wrote:

Now what happens if someone has cancer, loses a job, pays for COBRA
for 18 months, and then his COBRA coverage ends? I do not think that
we can expect people to save enough to cover their cancer treatments
(which amount to big bucks).

I think that when such people, who worked, saved, and did their duty
otherwise, cannot afford to treat their cancer, and cannot get medical
coverage, it is an atrocity.

Needn't be cancer. I've had type 1 diabetes since the age of 7 and had a bit
of angina at 48 four years ago. Wouldn't like to be "resting" for very long if
I was in the US:-|

The last 16 or so months of my dogs life, he had diabetes. Novalin N by injection twice a
day, special food and checking his urine sugar levels. It was worth it.

As to keeping insurance, I have heart issues also. I will never drop continuous group
coverage until I hit Medicare if I can avoid it. Oh yes, if Medicare advantage is around,
I'll likely pay for that also. I know a big part of my fun money needs to be directed at
future health care. Can't have fun if you are dead.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller