Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Machining a ball

mac wrote:

I serve my apprenticship at the Frankford Arsenal in Philadelphia PA.
Bldg 45 made the metel holderfor the lens blanks. The grinding was
done in Bldg 108, the optical shop.
Back in the old, old days, the military didn't just others to to
percision work. It was all done in house. When I came along in the
earlier fifty, work begun to be contracted out.

I enjoyed your link. I used a couple Avocet 50's for many years to get a trip altimeter
using barometric pressure. Finally, I ran out of units to piece a working one out of.

Just before winter I bought a Garmin Colorado, the cadence sensor, and the heart rate
monitor. It will be spring before I give it a test ride. The Colorado I have has topo
maps and not street routable cartography though I'm told I can but that at extra cost.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller