Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaning up the shop

Ignoramus12856 wrote:

Sadly, most people have forgot that you save for eventualities and not depend on someone
else to get you through.

Wes, I agree that saving money is essential for anyone, and people who
do not save, fully deserve a fair amount of trouble. I do personally
save a fair amount of my income.

So, a hypothetical guy who loses a job and does not even have money to
pay very reasonable COBRA rates, does not get too much of my sympathy,
personally.

Nor I. I paid for my health insurace for the 8 months I was between jobs.

Now what happens if someone has cancer, loses a job, pays for COBRA
for 18 months, and then his COBRA coverage ends? I do not think that
we can expect people to save enough to cover their cancer treatments
(which amount to big bucks).

I think that when such people, who worked, saved, and did their duty
otherwise, cannot afford to treat their cancer, and cannot get medical
coverage, it is an atrocity.

I honestly don't know what to tell you. Some sort of pooled risk across the insured for
coverage for these events might be a solution.

Michigan has unlimited caps on medical when it comes to auto insurance. Every insured
motorist pays for it and if you are the unlucky person to get seriously injured, we (
meaning Michigan drivers) all pay for that injury.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller