Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Mike is offline

Default The future of DIY

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:21:18 +1100, Tony Bryer
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:25:33 -0000 Dennis@home wrote :
You must have missed the point where I said goodness rather than
calories. I think there are probably more usable calories in the
cornflakes but that doesn't mean its good for you.

If you read the boxes, I think you'll find that Special K has more
or less the same calories as Corn Flakes. They sell it at a premium
price, associating it with weight loss, but the weight loss is down
to the skimmed milk and black coffee.

It's all snake oil, sugar coated cardboard that does you no good. But
on the plus side Special K adverts in the past decade or so have
featured some *very* fit women, and for that some of us are grateful
I wouldn't go out of my way to eat either Special K or Cornflakes
though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFo_5byG2OU