Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Drayton Digistat +2 vs. +3

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 13:17:46 GMT, ARWadsworth wrote:

My number one reason for hating programmable stats is that lots of
people do not understand how a programmable stat works. The people that
post on this newsgroup do but in the real world it is hard work trying
to get a customer to understand them.

I know the Danfoss stat you have. It still lacks the boost button that a
decent hard wired programmer has.

I'm not sure what you expect a "boost" button to do. On the
programmers I've had that simply switches the zone on for an hour.
That would have the same effect as using the temp up/down buttons,
except that lasts until the next set point time.

Perhaps your customers have trouble understanding programmable stats
beacuse the explantion being given to them isn't clear or simple
enough? B-)

The biggest difficulty maybe getting over the fact that you no long
have dedicated periods of "on" or "off" with a single temperature.
The heating is basically always "on" but if the house is warm enough
it doesn't demand any heat. The temperature is controlled to what is
*actually required* for at a particular time.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Indeed, the hardest part is trying to get the customer to understand that
there is not an off period.

I actually rewrote the instructions for the Siemens programmable stats that
I install as the manual that comes with it is awful. I get very few
customers who cannot understand my manual.

Adam