Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT The right thing to do

Steve B wrote:
If Dr. Laura was reading this group, she would likely thank
you for your concern, and excellent observation.

Are you sure. Does she ever thank anyone for anything?

I quit listening to Dr. Laura the day that a concerned mom called in
asking if her ex husband was enticing their 8 year old to spend more
time with him because he had bought the youth an ATV. She told the
mom to quit being such a bitch and be glad that the father and son
spent so much time together.
Dr. Laura is so smart she failed to research it, and learn that
manufacturers are required to put a sticker on their ATV's that say
NO ONE UNDER 16 SHOULD OPERATE THIS VEHICLE. Required by federal
law. So, how does the manufacturer skirt the issue? By making ATVs
of lower engine displacement. But still no mention of the very high
% of ATV underage ATV accidents involving serious injury and
fatalities.
Dr. Laura is always right. Don't believe me? Just ask her.

Just curious: Would your opinion be the same if, instead of an ATV, dad was
taking the son to the rifle range? Skydiving? Spelunking? Fire-walking? At
what point does involving a child, with adult supervision, become
unacceptable?