Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Frost your nuts?

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:230120102230357526%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...

The people who are questioning AGW aren't making a f*king DIME.

Horsecrap, some of them have been or are continuing to be funded by the
fossil fuel industries, Richard Lindzen being a good example. He's not
only
been supported directly by OPEC and energy companies, he works with
organizations that get funding from companies like ExxonMobil. It amazes
me
how some people who like to imagine they are informed on this issue
somehow
manage to miss that and claim the $$$ motive is all on the other side.
Well
it doesn't really amaze me, it's actually quite predictable.

Um, it may be disturbing for you to admit, but Big Oil and Wall Street
are heavily into the carbon credit trading market.

They're making big money from the AGW hysteria.

So first you claim people questioning man-made climate change aren't making
a ****ing dime doing so (we're all grownups here, aren't we--we don't have
to half-swear by using f*king asterisks, do we?), but now you point out the
oil industry (which has questioned climate change tooth and nail) is making
big money off carbon credits. Well, which is it? Is your position
Statement No. 1, or the contradictory Statement No. 2?

And then there is the issue of whether some of the people questioning
climate change are on the payroll of industries that profit from doing
little or nothing about reducing fossil fuel use, and thus are very much
making a ****ing dime questioning climate change. If you believe that it's
just a coincidence that the George C. Marshall Institute (which has
vigorously disputed the scientific consensus about climate change) has been
funded by ExxonMobil and headed by a former exec of the American Petroleum
Institute, well then you're a very trusting soul. They dispute the link
between smoking tobacco and cancer too--I don't know where that falls in the
spectrum of science-denial currently so popular with the political
right-wing.