Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Frost your nuts?

"Upscale" wrote in message

:
I think that just because there is money to be made at undoing global
warming pretty much tells the tale.

Think that's a little pessismistic. Even if global warming and
polluting the atmosphere with all sorts of stuff is not as rampant as
some would like to believe, there's still people who are having
breathing difficulties because of it. That *has* to have some kind of
negative affect on our planet.

Not only that, but continuing to burn a finite resource and continuing to
pour countless billions into the coffers of nations which often don't like
us very much seem like foolish policies in their own right. I'm not a
climate scientist so I don't *know* if man-made climate change is happening
(ditto with everyone else here including especially the ones who think they
do know) but it seems to me there are a bunch of good reasons to move
aggressively on replacing fossil fuels with clean, renewable sources of
energy. However some folks just want to drive their Escalade down to the
corner for a quart of milk and what happens in a decade or two ain't their
damn problem--selfish and stupid, a lovely combination.