Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Annoying glue and finishing.

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:52:57 -0800 (PST), GarageWoodworks
wrote:

Is it just with me or do you guys also 'find' glue on your projects
while applying the finish. Every single time. I end up having to
scrape areas and re-applying little areas. It doesn't effect the
finish quality because I usually 0000 steel wool everything and apply
several more coats, but man it's annoying. i know there is special UV
active glue that you can use, but I haven't bothered to try it.

Can't be just me.?.

Every woodworker goes thru this and there are numerous solutions. As
my skill increased, I can now judge just how much glue to apply with
very little squeeze-out. I see all these videos and shows with glue
dripping all over the place during assembly and clamping, making a
mess. Painters or masking tape to protect nearby area helps too.