Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Upright wood bandsaw

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:50:40 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 09:42:43 -0500, Ecnerwal
wrote:

In article ,
Mark Rand wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:05:35 -0700, "Bob La Londe" wrote:

Any of you guys use one for cutting metal ... and admit to it?

I've used mine for aluminium (no issues) and brass (marginal). The worst stuff
I've tried to cut was cement bonded particle board. That is _very_ bad for the
blades. Frozen meat is simple, but needs cleanup afterwards.

Mark Rand
RTFM

I prefer cleaning both before and after cutting meat.

Ive always considered that cutting meat on a bandsaw not sold for the
purpose..was like offering regular sacrifices to the gods. This means
they get a regular taste of blood, they dont wonder about it and on
impluse, take a chunk out of me..

Gunner

It works best if the meat is frozen. Ditto for running the meat thru a
wood chipper...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qWFhDvURLg