Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Upright wood bandsaw

Wood saws run far to fast for metal.

I have a 14" extended Delta for wood work and a 11x7 Horizontal bandsaw for
metal. The surface speed is so much different.

Martin

Bob La Londe wrote:
Any of you guys use one for cutting metal ... and admit to it?

I've got one that has done a fantastic job for custom wood parts,
flooring, etc. I was wondering if it would be a stupid idea to pick up
some bi metal blades for some metal cutting that might be easier than
some other tools?

I guess my biggest concern might be driving metal particles into the
bicycle tire on the pulleys and messing them up.