Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Upright wood bandsaw

On 2010-01-23, Bob La Londe wrote:
Any of you guys use one for cutting metal ... and admit to it?

I've got one that has done a fantastic job for custom wood parts, flooring,
etc. I was wondering if it would be a stupid idea to pick up some bi metal
blades for some metal cutting that might be easier than some other tools?

What metal? For aluminum, you should be fine. For steel or
many others, it is way too fast and you will burn the balde.

I guess my biggest concern might be driving metal particles into the bicycle
tire on the pulleys and messing them up.

That can be a problem only when you subsequently use it for
wood, as you will get chips embedded in the wood unless you take the
time to clean it all.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564