Posted to alt.home.repair
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default How can a mouse trap be tripped and no mouse?

"james" wrote in message
I set up a mouse trap in the garage and have caught several mice
successfully.

After several peaceful months, I found the trap tripped again and the
peanut butter all gone, but there is no mouse to be found anywhere. How is
this possible?

This is the trap I use:
http://www.pestcontrol-products.com/...ictor_trap.jpg

You've got a bad trigger or some other fault. I suspect too much of a hair
trigger. We use the Victor traps, too, but when I get a trap with confirmed
kills I use it forever. We used to keep track by drawing little "killed"
lines on the sides, but all the really good ones are completely marked up
now. Once you find a good one (snapped the mouse cleanly and quickly on the
neck) you'll get good at figuring out how much of a hair trigger it needs to
have to work well. Too much and it goes off in a draft (opening a door) and
too little and the mouse can do jumping jacks while eating the PB.