Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Just checkin' ...

On 1/23/2010 1:52 AM Arfa Daily spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...

On 1/22/2010 5:23 PM Arfa Daily spake thus:

My OE has been refusing to connect to my ISP's news server for uploading
messages for over a day now. Just tried a 'REPLY' to one of my old posts,
and that went up ok, so now trying a 'NEW POST' here .... |:-\

I'm sure you realize, or at least suspect, that it's not OE (as ****ty as
it may be) but your ISP's news server that's probably choking here.
(Unless you're having some kind of network problems at your end.)

Yes indeed David. However, last year, I had a whole bunch of occasions where
exactly this kept happening, and each time, the problem was 'fixed' by doing
a full power-down restart of the computer (it's normally on and connected to
the 'net 24/7). Then, all of a sudden, the problem stopped. No changes to
the machine or the OS, except the usual MS updates, so I really don't know
what caused it. I could still connect to the newsgroups ok, and could still
read them. I just couldn't post. X-News worked ok, however, which led me to
believe that it wasn't an ISP / news server problem (I use their own server
which they provide as part of their internet access package).

Well, that part *is* odd, that you could access newsgroups through one
application (Xnews) but not another (OE), which would tend to point the
finger of blame at the Micro$oft software ...

- a Usenet "apology"