Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Water jet cutting

Wes wrote:

"Existential Angst" wrote:

When is non-abrasive cutting used? Often?
I would imagine it would be for thin and/or soft material.

Fiberglass headliners in automotive applications. Worked really good for that.

We tended to use 0.005" dia diamond nozzles at 41,000 psi. We had a S-RIM application
where we went to 0.008" and cranked the pressure up to 50,000 psi.

The only metal we cut were our waterjet fixtures They tended to erode where there were
dwells to make sharp corners.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller